21 Dec 12:00 - 23 Dec 10:00 - Matopos
Matobo Hills Lodge
About Your Trip
Discover the wild beauty of Zimbabwe with a visit to Matobo National Park. Start your adventure with a reception to mix and mingle with your fellow DreamTrippers, then join them for a delicious dinner. The next day, embark on an exciting morning game drive through the granite hills. Try to spot birds and hidden wildlife from your vantage point in an open safari vehicle. Your excursion also includes a guided tour of ancient cave paintings. Our experts will weave stories of their bushman ancestors, giving you a glimpse into the region’s compelling past.
During your leisure time, you can marvel at the breathtaking views from your cozy chalet, with natural flora and fauna right outside the door. With available game drives, nature walks and nearby attractions — including Balancing Rocks and various rock-art sites — plenty of activities and sightseeing opportunities await you!
What we love:
• Matobo National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, occupies a total of 109, 962 acres (44,500 hectares).
• Abundant rock-art sites can be found in and around the park, including Nswatugi Cave, which contains remarkable paintings of giraffes, elephants and kudus. You’re sure to see something interesting at spots carved out in the granite just a short walk or climb from the lodge!
• You can take part in exciting activities available at Matobo Hills Lodge (for an additional cost), including rhino walks, visits to see painted caverns or evening game drives for a nocturnal perspective on Africa’s natural charms.
Your DreamTrip includes 3 days and 2 nights in Zimbabwe, as well as:
• Morning game drive and an excursion to see cave paintings; includes transportation. See Additional Information for details.
• Welcome reception with alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks.
• 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo International Airport (BUQ), approximately 42 miles (68 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
Matobo Hills Lodge is a rustic retreat set in picturesque Matobo National Park. Take advantage of available game drives, nature walks, or simply relax by the pool. Guests enjoy delicious, fresh fare at the lodge after a long day of exploring.
• 1 restaurant and 1 bar.
• 1 outdoor pool.
• Terrace area and shaded gardens.
• Gift shop.
• Tours and game drives (at an additional cost).
• Laundry services (at an additional cost).
• Complimentary self-parking.
Standard Twin Chalet accommodations with:
• 2 single beds.
• Maximum occupancy 2 adults and 2 children.
• Beautiful views.
• En suite bathroom.
• Ceiling fan.
• Tea- and coffee-making facilities.
• Minibar (consumption at an additional cost).
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Checkout: 10 a.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Matobo Hills Lodge
Matobo National Park, Zimbabwe
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.